Wednesday, February 29, 2012

I Am Back

Sorry to all my friends and family who read this daily. Two nights ago I couldn't get Internet access. Now I can't remember what happened on Tuesday to let you know.

Yesterday at 8:30 a.m. I started with severe diarrhea and vomiting which lasted 13 hours. I was totally out of commission. I began eating ice chips at 10:30 p.m. I didnt feel like I had the flu. More like food poisoning. Who knows. It doesn't matter. I feel better today although the diarrhea continues.

Diane and Randie came yesterday and then Di returned to spend the night. I am so grateful to Debbie who is keeping Jessie occupied. She seems better today (she had several meltdowns yesterday. All this is too much for her.)

Bill continues to deteriorate and is in what Hospice calls the transitional stage between preactive and actively dying. Please pray with me that it doesn't take too much longer. I know this statement sounds cold, but unless you have taken care of a dying family member and their death is slow and difficult, you will understand. It takes a toll not only on the patient, but caregivers.

I will post more tonight since I have found out how to do,it on my iPad.

4 comments:

  1. Nancy, I have been following your blog for a while and just wanted to let you know that I am praying for you all. I understand the path that you are walking a I walked the same path with my husband 10 years ago. God called him home at 55 years young, and I remember praying that since God was going to heal in heaven instead of here on earth to please take him on. He had fought a long and hard battle for 3 years. I know that you are probably afraid - I was but I want you to know that when the heavens opened and took my Jimmy home you could physically feel the prescense of the Angels in our bedroom - i am sure that will happen for you also. I will continue to pray for Bill, Jess and your whole family. I know that it is a stressfull time, because even though Bill will be celebrating with Jesus and that is a happy thing, it is a hard time for those left behind. God Bless you. Becky in NC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy-My mom in law was sick from Aug,31,11 and passed away shortly before Christmas. It was ICU almost the whole time. She would lie there and shake her head. (wasnt able to talk cause of the vent tube) I understand. Bill and you are both wanting this pain and limbo to end. You and he and the rest of your family are being prayed for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you dear friend. Missed your blogging, definitely happy we can text though :)

    Hugs & prayers always dear friend.

    Love,
    Doreen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do also understand your feelings. The pain is so hard on everyone and you are only looking to the time that Bill is free on the constant time of pain and home with Jesus. My Mom was disappointed each morning that she was still on earth and begged for it all to end. We are human and our Father understands us and loves us through it all. I am praying for your family. Donna Riley

    ReplyDelete