Wednesday, February 22, 2012

"The Straw That Broke The Camel's Back"

I'm sure you've all heard this saying.  I wonder if you've experienced it?

Jon went out to breakfast and when he paid his bill and left, he found his keys missing.  He remembers putting them on the table, yet they weren't there.  After about 20 minutes of searching, he about lost it.  Why? 

Yesterday I tripped over the dog in the kitchen and screamed at him like a lunatic.  I didn't get hurt and ordinarily I would have just shooed him away.  Why did I lose it? 

I know Jon and I are handling Bill's situation very well.  We are realistic and not living in denial.  We are enjoying Bill's presence each day he has left with us.  However, the load is almost more than we can bear at times.  It's not the heavy load that puts us over the edge, it's the little things - like the straw on the camel's back.  Not only do we all need to pray for the huge things in life, we need to pray to be able to handle the straws that are thrown our way.

By the way, Jon's keys were in an arm zippered pocket that he NEVER uses and doesn't remember putting them in there.  Guess he's a bit scattered, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment