Wednesday, November 28, 2012

A Day Filled With Emotion

In 1978 I had a dream.  I have never forgotten this dream and never will.  I had almost the same one last night and woke this morning to such heartache that I have cried all day.  I can not share it with you as it is too raw and most of you will think I was nuts anyway.  I've cried today like I cried when Bill was first diagnosed.  I just couldn't stop crying.  The sobbing kind, or should I say the slobbery kind, as I used many kleenexes.

I managed to go to water aerobics by blocking my mind to everything except the class.  Debbie and Jessie went and spent time swimming while I was in class.  Unfortunately, our regular teacher was sick and we had a fill-in who just didn't know much about water aerobics.  It was almost a waste of my time.  Most of the women just ended up doing what they wanted to do. 

When I got home I was still very emotional, although I didn't want Jessie to know so I went upstairs to my bedroom.  I prayed.  I cried.  I took a nap.  I went to Stephen Ministry tonight and cried there, too, although for different reasons.  Two people who attend our church died unexpectedly.  One last night, one today.  A very-long-time member of the church's husband has been diagnosed with cancer in the lungs and brain.  This man (age 75) has almost never been to church and very anti-Christian.  Last night Pastor Garry talked with him and he said he wanted to go to Heaven to see his mom and dad.  He asked Jesus into his heart last night, and knows he will see them soon.  Please pray for this family, as they are going out of state for him to say good bye to his siblings in the next few days.  I think when he does get to Heaven and Bill sees him, since he's known him for years, Bill's jaw will drop in surprise.  I can almost see that reunion.  Thank you, Jesus!

There is so much heartache where ever you turn.  Every one has something that they are burdened with.  Let's remember one another in prayer for what ever we are dealing with.  God knows our burdens and has promised to "hold our hand" and walk us through our trials.  I, for one, am grateful for His presence in my life.  Praise His Holy Name!

No comments:

Post a Comment