Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving

Well, it sure was a different Thanksgiving.  Jon had to work so it was just Jess and me.  I bought a 9# roasting chicken from WalMart's the other day and we had that along with some potatoes, stuffing and green beans.  Jess also had peppers, pickles and tomatoes.  I had pickled beets and black olives.  Pumpkin ice cream pie completed our meal. 

This morning when Jess got up these were her exact words:  "Turkey Day!  Turkey, big potatoes, green beans, bread, butter, pumpkin pie.  Turkey Day all done!  Santa comin'!  Ten presents!"   Oh, my, it is going to be a very long time til Christmas.  Jess watched the Macy's Parade and seemed to enjoy the big floats.

I never did get my Christmas tree decorated yet.  Jess keeps picking up Harvest decorations and telling me to put them away:  "Halloween Done!"  I'm usually all decorated for Christmas by now.  Oh, well, I'll get it done this week. 

I hope you-all had a very nice Thanksgiving.  We have MANY things to be thankful for, and I spent the day praising God for his blessings. 

Oh, by the way, in the picture above, Jessie is blowing everyone a KISS.  MMMMaw!

No comments:

Post a Comment