Tuesday, December 4, 2012

A Christmas Get Together

All Rachel's and my hard work paid off.  My house was finally clean, the decorations are all done (I gave up on the tree last night at 12:30 a.m.; finished it today) and my mini dinner party went well.  Thanks to my mom's Christmas tea pot I inherited, Bill and Jon's presents last year and my thrifty Kohl's shopping this year, I have a new holiday china set for 8.  I really like it. 

Four ladies from my Bible Study's small group came for dinner.  It was nice chatting and getting to know one another better.  I hated to see the evening end. 

So, my house is clean.  I have a new set of china.  I'd love to host another dinner party, so if you need a place to have a small get-together, give me a call!  Do it quick, though, before the house gets dirty again.

On a crappy note, Jon has to work Christmas Day!  They asked each nurse what one holiday they would be willing to work.  He said either Thanksgiving or New Year's.  They scheduled him for all three!  He complained, but they told him the schedule is firm.  I'm going to have to do some creative thinking for Christmas Day for Jessie.  We always open our presents on Christmas morning.  Not having my mom, Bill's mom, Bill AND Jon here for Christmas is going to be very different.  I need a new tradition - a new plan.  It will also be very hard for Jon.  Let's pray that someone would offer to take his Christmas shift for him.  That would be a miracle, that's for sure.  But, God is in the miracle business.  

No comments:

Post a Comment