Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Walter P. Chrysler Museum

Another Christmas outing.  JoAnne and I toured the Walter P. Chrysler Museum, a 3-story, 55,000 sq. ft. museum in Auburn Hills.  If you'd like to visit, hurry.  It's closing at the end of this year.  That's a shame, because it was a really nice museum - very elegant.

There were more than 65 antique, custom and concept cars and 100 years of automotive history on display.  Not to mention the beautiful period dresses and Christmas trees.

The second of my pictures is a rotating tower in the atrium with changing car displays.  That was pretty neat, although it wasn't rotating.

I especially liked the Christmas trees and information about each era.  There were some ornaments on display that are on my tree!  I've never been one to be too impressed with cars, but I did enjoy the visit.  I remember a car my parents had purchased - a Dodge DeSoto that had push buttons for P R N D.  Saw a car there with push buttons, too.  Also a couple rumble seat cars. 

Mr. and Mrs. White, our neighbors in Detroit, owned a rumble seat car and used to take us kids on rides.  Those were fun times. 

Jon had a good day with Jacob, who is home from school.  Jessie spent the day with Rachel and they made a rice krispies Christmas house.  We had some for dinner and she did a good job.

Whenever I add pictures to my blog, it throws off my spacing for writing.  Sorry if it's distracting.  It's very annoying for me!



No comments:

Post a Comment