Wednesday, December 26, 2012

The Day After Christmas

I decided not to set my alarm and just get up when I couldn't stand it in bed anymore.  I made it to 10:30!!!  Jess was quietly playing on her iPad and Jon and Jacob were on the XBox again.  How nice it felt to sleep in.  When I went downstairs, I was pleasantly surprised that Jon had already started the wash and was on his second load.  I'll have to sleep in more often!

I finished up the wash while Jon and Jacob again spent the entire day on the XBox.  They did take a short break and go to lunch and the post office.  Jess occupied herself with her iPad and Apples to Apples cards while watching new DVD's.  I watched two with her:  An Avonlea Christmas, and Mandie and the Forgotten Christmas.  I enjoyed both.  (This makes 4 movies in 2 days.  I think it's a record for me!)

I didn't do much else.  Straightened up a bit.  It was a nice, restful day.  And, I didn't even feel guilty for not doing much. 

We called up north and talked to Grandma Sutton to wish her a Merry Christmas.  (We called last night but she was already in bed!)  She said she was doing "Great!"  I know she must have had a good Christmas.  Her granddaughters, Tammy and Susan, drove up from Georgia and their whole family was together.  I don't think she's spent Christmas with all of them in many, many years. 

No comments:

Post a Comment