Monday, December 31, 2012

The Passage of Time

In just 60 minutes 2012 will be history.  My life seems to be on fast forward with no pause or stop button.  In 8 days it will be 10 months since Bill passed away and tomorrow I'll have to say that Bill died last year.  In 2 short months it will be one year.  It bothers me that time has passed so quickly. 

We seem to have gradually moved into a new "normal" without Bill.  Life goes on, doesn't it?  Jess doesn't talk about him as much as she used to, but she has been watching more home videos since Christmas and especially the ones featuring alot of Bill.  Even though he's not here, we still see him, hear him talk and laugh.  I guess it brings her alot of comfort to see her daddy on tv.  

I wonder what 2013 has in store for us.  The past 3 years have been very difficult and I sure hope this year is much, much better.  If it isn't, there's one thing I'm sure of ... Jesus is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow.  He is faithful and I can trust Him in taking care of us and guiding us each day.  He gives me great joy.  Without my Jesus, I would be totally lost.  I'm glad one of His promises is that "I will never leave you or forsake you." 

I counted on Bill for alot of things, and he was always there for me when he could.  My Jesus will always be with me and will always take care of me.  That's a fact.  Praise His Holy Name!

May your New Year be filled with daily miracles from God and eyes to see all that He does for us!  Happy New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment