Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Wednesday

I went to the gym and walked in the lazy river for a half hour with water weights then sat in the hot tub for 15 minutes.  That felt good.  Debbie brought Jess over later and they played in the pool for awhile.  I had lunch with my friend, Chris J., then came home and worked on organizing scrapbook pictures.  I need to wrap presents, but I have to have someone occupy Jessie the entire time.  Jon spent the day with Jacob and had a great time.

It's getting harder for me as the days get closer to Christmas.  I'm not sure why, other than I am lonely for my Willie.  This Christmas, so far, has been much better than the past two.  Those Christmas' were not good.  Being with 2 people who were dying was terrible.  In 2010, I knew that it was going to be my mom's last Christmas, and probably Bill's.  Mom died 3 months later.  Bill made it to last year's Christmas, but it was not a happy time.  We all knew that it definitely was going to be his last holiday season. He couldn't eat anything, and what do you buy someone who can't go out and is dying?  Plus he had begun to withdraw from us, which is normal, but difficult.  Definitely alot harder than this year.  For me, anyway.  I just miss his presence. 

I have much to be grateful for, though.  God has been faithful to me in every way and has taken care of me as His word says.  He's never failed me and He can't.  He is worthy of all praise and honor.  

1 comment:

  1. Just a reminder...you aren't being forgotten during this Christmas season. I wish I was nearby to give you a hug in person! I love you!

    ReplyDelete