Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Happy (Belated) Birthday, Mr. Lathers

I had the opportunity to have lunch with about 45 former co-workers from Henry Ford II High School at Marcus Grill in honor of the principal's 80-something birthday.  I worked for Mr. Lathers for 8 years as his secretary.  Now, we are talking a very long time ago ... 1976 - 1984.  Mr. Lathers was also my high school principal, as I graduated from Utica High School in 1970.  It was a surprise for Mr. Lathers and his wife, Mary.  I'm glad that we were given name tags, as the women all looked the same, just older.  Some of the men - WELL?  Let's just say I was glad for the name tags.  I haven't been hugged as much as I was today since Bill's funeral.  It was a really nice time.

Unfortunately, I had to leave early for an endocrinologist appointment in Rochester.  I had called to see if I could come late or reschedule.  There were no cancellations for the late afternoon, and her next appointment was in April!  Give me a break.  I went today.

Anyway, the good news is that in the last 6 months my blood sugar went down from 112 to 104 and 6.3 to 5.9.  Those of you who know about blood counts will understand the significance of these numbers.  All I need to know is that it has gotten better.  My blood pressure was excellent (124/74) and I've definitely lost weight.  Good job, Nan! 

No comments:

Post a Comment