Thursday, December 27, 2012

Fun In The Snow

Jessie was beside herself this morning, wanting to go outside and play in the snow.  First we had to clear out the driveway so Rachel could get in and we could get out.  Unfortunately, the snow blower kept clogging up so Jon shoveled everything.

When he finished he invited me to join him for lunch and to go to several stores.  That was very nice.  We went to Garden for lunch, then Walgreens, Kohl's, Michael's, Meijer's for gas then the bank and post office. 

When we got back I bundled up both girls and they spent over an hour playing in the backyard.  If Jake had been here, he would have been making dog snow angels - NOT Memphis.  He's not into snow.  He only wanted to walk where it had been shoveled.  Give me a break.  This dog just doesn't know how to play.  But, I guess that's what a service dog is supposed to do - work and no play.

Jon gave me a Food Saver for Christmas and I am having a great time sealing stuff.  This will save alot of money.  I can get items on sale, separate it, then vacuum and seal for months of freshness.  Maybe now I can buy some bread, freeze 3/4 of it and have fresh bread each day.  One loaf of bread goes bad before we eat it. 

Today was a very good day. 





No comments:

Post a Comment