Sunday, January 11, 2015

A Very Quiet Day

Today has not been a good physical day for me. I've been in quite a bit of back pain. I took what pain medication I could take with being home with Jessie, rubbed in my back with Deep Blue and put hot rice packs on my back. I watched a sermon on Utube, listened to praise music, did a bit of paperwork and watched an episode of "When Calls the Heart". Jessie emptied the dishwasher and she emptied the dryer of yesterday's white clothes so I could put Jon's scrubs in. She even helped make lunch. She only yelled at me a couple times. Not much. Like I said, it was pretty quiet today.

Unfortunately, when I'm in pain, I become a bit melancholy. I think of my mom and what she went through with her back pain. She was in constant pain for years, yet kept going. She is my inspiration. Chronic pain. It's hard to deal with. The unseen illness.

No comments:

Post a Comment