Saturday, July 27, 2013

A Girl's Day

Jon worked so it was just Jess and me today. (He had a good day and they survived 2 torrential rains in Warren. He also got a picture of a full rainbow when he came out of the building to come home!)  I slept in while Jess occupied herself with her iPad and beads, as is her morning custom.  I served her breakfast in her room for something special for her.  We had lunch at Subway then we shopped at Meijer's.  I thought I could walk around Meijer's today but I was wrong.  My knees hurt so bad 3/4 of the way shopping that if I could have cried, I would have.  My left knee is quite swollen from sitting in the van the past several days and it's very uncomfortable. 

Jessie was a great help in bringing in the groceries because I couldn't keep walking up and down the 2 stairs into the house.  She brought in all the groceries and emptied the bags.  Then I took some pain medicine, elevated and iced my knee.  Jess noticed that I didn't get a blanket for my legs.  "Forgot?" she asked, then went and got me a blanket and covered up my legs.  Wasn't that sweet? 

No comments:

Post a Comment