Thursday, July 4, 2013

Happy 4th of July !!!

Since Bill passed away, I really don't look forward to holidays.  Especially the ones where Jon has to work and it is just Jess and me.   I could spend holidays with Diane and Randie's family, but she has small grandchildren.  Small kids - that dreaded word in Jessie's vocabulary.  However, when the day gets here, it really turns out OK

This morning I did 2 loads of wash and dug up and repotted Rose of Sharron trees while Jessie was in her hammock swing singing Jesus Loves Me, along with other Jesus songs.  It was quite warm and she didn't last long outside.  When we came in I decided I'd just sit down in the family room with her and I'd read while she played with her Apples to Apples cards and watch Zach and Cody on Utube.  Well, that's not what Jess had in mind.  She said to me, "Mom - book - outside!"  I looked at her and said, "You want me to go outside and read my book?"  "YES!", she said.  I think NOT.  Where did I go?  The living room!  I guess everyone needs their space at times.

At 1:00 we left and drove through McDonalds for a fast sandwich, Walgreen's for prescriptions then went to visit "Aunt" Lois and Grandma B. and we played games for awhile.  They treated us to ice cream just before we left for the 4:00 showing of "Despicable Me 2" at the Romeo Theatre.  Now, this is the first time I have taken Jess to a movie by myself - ever.  Usually Shannon took her.  Debbie hasn't even taken her.  She was a little loud but on a scale of 1-10 I'd say she was a 5.  I really enjoyed the movie and Jess said she wanted it on DVD.  The show was about half full and more adults laughed than the kids.

All morning and afternoon I told her and she reminded me that we were going to have Wendy's for dinner after the show.  Well, as we drove up to Romeo she say Big Boy's and said she wanted to eat dinner there.  That just about blew me away, as she NEVER asks to go to a restaurant.  I kept asking her if she was sure and she kept saying YES.  So, we had dinner at Big Boy's which went very well, and I even have a dinner for Jon (half Jessie's and mine).

So, in all, I had a good day.  I'm thankful.  Jon's day at work was OK, too.  He just got in from watering his babies.  He brought in a cucumber and an entire bowl of cherry tomatoes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment