Saturday, July 13, 2013

Thursday, Friday and Saturday

I don't think I've had to do 3 days of back blogging since I began in 2010.  Those of you who know me very well, know that something is up and I've appreciated the phone calls. 

Thursday was a great day.  Jess and Debbie went grocery shopping and had a good day together.  I had lunch with cousins Joyce, Carol and Chris at the Times Square north of Romeo.  That was a nice visit.  When we finished and they left I moved to another table where there was a group of ladies that I knew and I sat and visited them for awhile.  Jon and I went to Grosse Pte. Woods in the evening for an up-date with missionary friends who live in Naknek, Alaska.  Both Jon and I enjoyed listening to their presentation and talking with them.

Friday all hell broke lose in my life, so to speak.  I've had quite a bit of hip pain for about a week but on Friday morning the pain level was severe.  I made a doctor's appointment for the afternoon.  It was diagnosed as bursitis and I got a shot in my ---- to help reduce the inflammation and some crème to rub on the area. 

In the morning, I had a meeting with one of the Case Workers we have with DHS for Jessie. She's the one responsible for Home Help.  I have been blessed to have great Case Workers in all areas that we have them.  I see this woman only twice a year and I look forward to our meetings.

Anyway, to make a very long story short, and to minimize my major screw up, beginning August 1, Jessie is no long eligible for Medicaid since when I reported her assets, I was over by $7.00.  It didn't seem important to me since the doctors she sees don't take Medicaid anyway, but what I didn't know is that this also means Extra Help with her prescriptions, Home Help (our monthly grocery money) and her CLS and Respite hours.  Which means, NO AIDES! 

PLEASE pray with me that I can get the right form quickly to reapply to Medicaid, as well as make sure her assets are under the Medicaid requirement.  Every penny must be accounted for.  I was saving for our vacation, but I don't know how that will work now.  PLEASE pray that the DHS Case Worker we have for Medicaid will flag my application, new account records and pass the Medicaid through WITHOUT any loss of coverage.  This would be a BIG MIRACLE.  God is able, so I would appreciate your prayers.

I wasn't in any shape physically or mentally to blog last night.  I got out my book by Stormie Omartian on Praising God and began to praise God for this situation, knowing that He allowed this for a reason and will bring good out of it.  I personally can't see any, but then again I'm not able to see the future.  Even though I was a wreck, I'm totally trusting. 

Today, Saturday, has been 90% better emotionally, until I start to fret about what this could mean.  Looking ahead is where I get myself into trouble.  I've been redirecting my mind quite a bit over the course of this day.  The pain in my hip is much better.  It still hurts to walk, but I can at least walk. 

Jon worked so Jess and I were by ourselves.  After paperwork and a couple loads of wash we went out for our usual Saturday lunch, only she didn't want McDonalds - Subway today.  I was very pleased with her in the restaurant.  Usually there aren't many in Subway at 1:15 in the afternoon but today the line was almost out the door with few seats to sit in.  I offered for us to sit in the van, but she said she wanted to eat inside.  So, we did!  She did very, very well.

Jess and I left to pick Lois up from Metro later this afternoon.  Thanks to an American Airlines app on my phone I could immediately tell when she left Chicago and would arrive in Detroit.  Her flight kept getting delayed, so we delayed our departure time. When we arrived at Metro, I went and sat in the Cell Phone Parking Lot until she called and said she was waiting for us by the door.  Jessie was very excited to see 7 airplanes take off.  Lois treated us to a Bob Evans dinner.  I was also very pleased with Jessie there.  When we arrived there were hardly any people.  After about 10 minutes a bus let off at least 30 or more teenagers and sponsors that were from a church in Georgia.  Probably going to camp or working somewhere.  They were very loud (just because teens are), yet Jess did not react to their noise.  I was surprised but very pleased. 

So, that about sums it up.  For those of you who keep up with me, I covet your prayers regarding Jessie's Medicaid, and my physical pain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment