Friday, July 26, 2013

A Trip To Grand Haven

The kids and I left yesterday (THURSDAY) morning around 8:15 a.m. for our traditional vacation breakfast at Tim Horton's.  Then we drove to Springlake Wesleyan Church, just this side of Grand Haven, and visited Jacob, who has an internship there.  I left Jon with Jacob so they could hang out together and Jess and I drove around downtown Grand Haven for a bit then went to our motel.  That's Jessie's favorite part of vacation ... as soon as she gets in the door of the motel room, she claims a bed and gets out her portable DVD player, puts a movie in (usually the same one each time!) and plays with either her tiles or her traveling Apples to Apples cards.  She's adamant about going in the pool when we're home so I take all the suits, but she won't go in the pool when we get there.

I took just one book this time, began reading, and discovered I had already read it!  That was a disappointment.  I guess I could have started one of the many books I have downloaded on my iPad and iPhone, but I didn't think about that.  Several hours later we met up with Jon and Jacob and had dinner at Red Lobster.  Jacob came back and visited in the room until about 8:30 p.m.  We all turned in early.

This morning, FRIDAY, we bypassed the continental breakfast at the hotel, packed up, checked out and had breakfast next door at McDonald's.  We had planned on taking Jacob to Muskegon to tour USS Silversides, but it was dreary, cold and was expected to storm.  We just decided to get home and beat the storms, which we did. 

Rachel house and dog sat while we were gone.  She also washed my kitchen and dining room floors, cleaned the oven and weeded.  I should consider leaving more often, don't you think?  Thanks, Rachel!  You did a very nice job and it is really appreciated.

It sounds like a great time away, doesn't it?  For those of you who know Jessie, I believe she's a bit OCD when it comes to her next meal or snack, and she talked constantly about food and snacks all the way there, while we were there and most of the way home today, when she wasn't napping.  Then last night she was very agitated for some reason and started yelling, mostly at me.  I really don't know what her problem is.  She WANTS to go on vacation, yet it seems to upset her.  She's doing a lot better in crowded restaurants and if I should suggest we leave or eat in the car, she insists she wants to eat inside.  It doesn't make for a very relaxing time for me.

Jon hasn't been feeling well the past couple weeks either and had a very sore back and headache these two days.  He doesn't sleep well in beds other than his own, which is a tempurpedic mattress.  He's a little nervous going places he's never been.  He's a home body for sure.

It seems that neither one of my children got the "traveling bug" from me.  I LOVE to travel and go different places.  I've had the privilege of traveling all over the mainland U.S, plus Alaska, Hawaii, Africa and Haiti.  I do hope my traveling days aren't over. 

No comments:

Post a Comment