Saturday, July 27, 2013

I Don't Want To Forget These Comments

Yesterday's blog was quite long since it was for 2 days and quite abit about Jessie's behavior.  However, there are always funny times with her, too.  And for that reason I am blogging now so when this book goes into print in a couple months, it will be on the pages forever, and not lost somewhere in my mind ...

1)  I turned into a gas station, only I didn't realize that it was an exit for a subdivision and I should have turned a few feet later.  Luckily, no one was coming out.  I just said, "Oops!  I turned too soon!"  From the back seat, under her breath, comes:  "Bad Mom!"

2)  Around lunch time I wanted to stop at Cracker Barrel but forgot that it was on I-75 and not I-69 in Flint.  So we got off at Davison and when I listed area restaurants to the kids, Jess piped up and said she wanted to go to Big Boy's.  OK, then, that's where we went.  We walked in the door and Jess greeted all the workers with ... "I'm back!" ... "I'm back!"  (And very loudly, too!)  Everyone had a huge smile on their faces and welcomed her back.  However, I don't think she's ever been to this particular Big Boy's.  She's not ever said this at other places we go to that resemble places around home.  Interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment