Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Christmas In July

Tonight 12 Stephen Minister Ladies met here for a Christmas In July gathering.  I raided the Christmas closet this afternoon and was able to decorate with a few things, as well as set a nice Christmas table with my Christmas placemats and dishes.  I had each lady bring 6 Christmas cookies and we had coffee, tea, hot chocolate and iced tea.  I even had little gifts for each lady in a Christmas stocking. 

We spent time talking about our first Christmas memory and then Marilyn prepared scripture reading, she played piano and we sang Christmas songs.  In looking ahead to the holidays, we discussed how we can have a less stressful time and concentrate on the real reason for the season - Jesus Christ. We closed with a special time of prayer for each other and others that we know that need prayer.

This was our 3rd gathering and I am so thankful that I followed the Lord's leading in beginning this Ladies' Ministry.  Each time has been special, and I look forward to planning the next one - with God's leading, of course.  I'm not sure I can top Christmas in July, though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment