Sunday, February 2, 2014

A Flashback Picture

I couldn't resist posting a picture from January 12, 2013.  That's right.  Jess was swinging in her hammock in her light winter jacket on that day.  Today Jon spent quite awhile using the snow blower to get us dug out of yet another snowfall.  Thanks to his hard work, we are now able to get the garbage cans out to the road.  It's been a couple weeks.  I just looked at the Comcast weather news and saw that another storm is being predicted for Tuesday night.  

We didn't go to church today.  I watched a family try to leave the street behind us and it took them quite awhile just to get a few feet and when they did, they just backed up to their home.  The man came back with his snow blower to clean out the intersection. I wasn't about to try it and get stuck somewhere. 

I also wanted to share the picture below. Last night I was sitting on the opposite couch from Jess and she was on her iPad singing Jesus songs.  I looked up and she had propped a pillow up so that I couldn't see her. It's a wonder she didn't tell me to go to the living room!  

Today Jon came downstairs and said that he was bored.  He's been up and down stairs numerous times.   I felt the same way.  I read some, took 2 naps, and began working on 2013 pictures that I am very behind in putting in albums.  Chris came and dropped off some Mary Kay for friends and Jess played all day on the floor with her Perler beads, Apples to Apples cards and iPad. 

At one time in the afternoon I asked Jessie if she'd like to do a craft with me.  "No thank you!" was her reply.  Then I asked if she wanted to play a game with me.  Again, "No thank you".  I guess I shouldn't expect anything different.  I didn't want to spend time with my mom when I was her age (23) either.  I sure wish I could spend time with her now, though.  I miss her a lot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment