Saturday, February 15, 2014

A Great Day Out

It might have been pretty cold, but the sun was shining and I needed to get out of the house.  Jess and I began at the post office then went to our friend Judy's house to give her some sewing to do.  I'm absolutely no good with a needle.  Great with a glue gun, though!

From there we went to Kohl's for a new mattress pad for my bed.  I walked around the entire store.  Then we had drive thru McDonald's and had a "picnic" in the van behind McDonald's.  Walgreen's then Target (walked around the entire store, too!) rounded out our morning/early afternoon. 

Jon had stopped at Kee's Pets earlier in the day and he said that there was a really nice fish tank and stand on sale that he would like.  I encouraged him to get it while it was on sale, since he will be getting back Income Tax money.  The 3 of us drove down there and he got a really good deal.  Our friend, Peter, came and helped him carry the two pieces up to his bedroom where it is set up.  The smaller one he bought a couple weeks ago is now in the living room and adds to the room.

Yesterday when I posted the pictures of my kitchen tree, I noticed that there were blinking lights on the second tree.  At first I thought I was seeing things, but, no, they were there.  I posted the pictures and had a comment from my friend, Karla, that she also sees flashing lights.  I'm not sure how that happened or why, but it makes the tree look prettier! 

No comments:

Post a Comment