Thursday, February 20, 2014

Packing

While Brenda and Jessie spent the day at the grocery store, lunch and bowling, I was at Lois' helping her pack up items for storage while she's back in Haiti. We worked all day and I plan on going back there tomorrow.  She returns to Haiti on March 4.  I'm not looking forward to that.  Jon had his hair cut then went and bought more items and fish for his aquarium. It looks really nice. 

The weather today has been yucky.  Jess told me she heard thunder then said: "Snow all done!  Bye, Bye!"  She's not going to be very happy when it snows again. 

The Mobic is working.  I didn't have to take any pain medication last night before bed or when I woke up today.  I took some this afternoon while we were working, but I don't need it tonight either.  I'm finally feeling like I did back in October before surgery.  I am very grateful.  For awhile there it seemed like I would never be out of pain and able to function.  Today seemed like an eternity away. 

One thing I learned from my surgery and recuperation was how important it is to rest each day.  Now that I'm feeling better, I need to work on that.  I've never found it easy to rest during the day but I plan on working on it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment