Saturday, February 22, 2014

A Pleasant Afternoon Out

Jess and I lazed around this morning, ate breakfast in our pajamas then when Rachel came, Jess got dressed and went downstairs.  I continued to sit in my chair and rest.  In the afternoon I went to one of our Stephen Minister ladies' house for our monthly social get together.  There were 6 of us today.  Jean had the most beautiful cups and saucers for us and served various kinds of tea.  Several of us brought desserts.  Our planned 2 hours turned into 3 and I believe everyone had a good time.  It was a great get together. 

I stopped on the way home and bought McDoubles and small fries for our dinner.  I didn't eat lunch, so Jess and I ate an early dinner.  Jon ate when he got home from work.

I have a specific prayer request.  My friend, Lois, has been diagnosed with gout in both hands.  They are swollen and very painful.  She is in the midst of packing up and preparing to go back to her ministry in Haiti.  Please pray that her hands will heal quickly and that there will not be any recurrence of this in Haiti.  Also, there is a scheduling glitch in her returning.  She can get as far as Port-au-Prince but would have to wait for at least a week for a flight north.  Please pray that God would work out those logistics, too.  Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment