Sunday, February 23, 2014

A Not So Quiet Day

Well, it began quiet.  I gave Jess a bath then we spent a few minutes praying and singing a couple "Jesus songs" before we went to McDonald's for pancakes and sausage.  That went well - sort of.  The place was packed and at first there was no where to sit.  Two men got up and left so we could sit down.  That was nice of them, otherwise we would have had to eat in the van.  With syrup that would have been a bit sticky.

Jess and I then picked up Lois and brought her to our house so I could help her with her new Kindle and proof read her next prayer letter.  That's when the yelling and crankiness began.  When we went out in the living room to pray, it got much worse and I went to see what was going on.  Jess had gotten on a site on Utube where a teacher in a classroom was abusive.  She was so agitated and upset that I had to hold her to calm her down.  I'm sure it reminded her of the abuse incident in her classroom that began her PTSD many years ago.  That fight ruined our lives from that day forward, as well as the lives of several other young special needs adults.  If I could go back to that day, I would have fought harder to find out what happened and gotten her therapy right away.

Things were better for a couple hours but when we got home from taking Lois back, she began screaming at me.  That lasted hours.  Looking at the calendar, she's right on target to begin her period on Friday.  The week before is usually pretty difficult.  I hope she treats Debbie and Brenda better than she has me this afternoon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment