Saturday, June 21, 2014

Friday, June 20 ... Congratulations Jacob and Hannah !!!!


Friday morning a lady from Jacob's church provided a breakfast for all the guys in the wedding.  Jess, Chris and I went to a restaurant because we slept in and missed the free hotel breakfast.  From there we went to a Good Will store and an antique store.  I showed Chris the harbor and the old town and we stopped for an ice cream.

We went back to the hotel, rested a bit, then got dressed to go to the wedding.  I wanted to share pictures with you of the evening. 

The picture of Jon, Jess and Jacob is my favorite.  If you can zoom in on Jessie's face you will see the most beautiful smile I've ever seen on her face.  And, she looked so pretty in her dress.  She's not worn one for years and years!

Jess wouldn't go inside the sanctuary so she sat in the hallway with my iPad and Chris stood in the doorway watching the wedding.  When it was finished, we got in the van, drove around the side of the building and parked on the lower level which avoided stairs and an elevator that I knew Jessie wouldn't do.  We were one of the first ones in the room so it helped to be seated before the rest of the guests came in to the room.

We made it through dinner but after the last bite of cake, Jess was OUT OF THERE!  We sat right in front of a door in case I needed a quick escape.  I just didn't think she'd use it! 

I'm sure my friend, Sherry, in Georgia, who also has a daughter with Down Syndrome will be able to relate to all the preparations and thought put into an outing with our daughters.  I also have to admit that I gave Jess 2 Ativan and put liquid Xanax on her neck.  I rarely use them, but I wanted her (and me) to have a nice time.

Jess also knows what a promise is.  When you promise, you do it.  Last weekend I went to a graduation party and she did NOT want to go.  She actually got hysterical.  So, I said she could stay home and Rachel could come over, BUT next weekend she had to go to Jacob's wedding and the dinner.  She agreed and I reminded her of this all weekend.  When she got in the van after the dinner I hugged her a lot and thanked her for keeping her promise and being there with me.  I told her how much I enjoy being with her and I had a great time with her. 





1 comment:

  1. looks like it was a large wedding. Jess does look very pretty and happy too. Blessings to you all Becky

    ReplyDelete