Saturday, June 21, 2014

Wednesday, June 18th Blog

I wasn't able to blog on Wednesday evening because I was simply exhausted.  The day did NOT go as planned.  At all.  I had planned on going to just one store and getting a watch battery for my blingy watch, then pack for a couple days in Grand Haven.  I did go to that store, but later as I was making a phone call, my phone quit.  Not good, because we were scheduled to leave in the morning.  Jon left early in the day to spend time with Jacob and Hannah before their wedding on Friday. 

Jon, Debbie and I ended up at the Apple Store.  Thankfully, they were NOT too busy, so they were able to take care of me right away.  Usually, you have to make an appointment for service.  I also mentioned that I was DESPERATE!  What was wrong with it?  I had never updated to the new software and the phone couldn't handle the old operating system with new commands, or something like that. 

While we were in the store, it started looking quite bad out.  We got home JUST in time.  We walked in the house - the power went out - and the storm hit.  Then the sirens went off.  We went for the closet.  I am not a fan of storms, especially when the power goes out.  Anyway, the storm wasn't as bad as some got, but my problem was not having any power and having to leave in the morning. 

Thankfully, Debbie stayed and helped me get the generator hooked up to the sump pumps and refrigerator before she left.  Usually, Jon does this, but since he wasn't home - I was on my own.  We did it and Jess and I just had sandwiches for dinner.  The power was out for about 3 hours then I had to reverse everything.  By the time I was done, I was hardly able to walk.  I spent about an hour or so packing and getting ready to leave in the early afternoon.

Thus, no blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment