Monday, June 16, 2014

What A Day!


Debbie brought breakfast this morning for us and Jess gave it "1 thumb up".  What I wanted you to notice in the picture is how she sits at the table all the time - with her legs crossed and her toes curled up on top of the table.  It almost looks like she's clinging to it to stay upright.  Pretty funny.

I woke with a migraine again today which is so unusual.  Since I've gotten into essential oils, I put Deep Blue on my forehead, neck and behind my ears.  Plus I took 2 Tylenol.  It took several hours but it finally left.  I managed to write out the month's checks and do several loads of wash.

I went to the post office and then got the car washed at Mr. C's Car Wash.  I will NEVER clean my own vehicle again.  It only cost $15.50 to get the car washed and totally cleaned inside.  There were so many fellows working on my van they looked like a swarm of ants.  It's as clean as it was when it was brand new.  So worth the money. 

I had a 3:00 doctor's appointment to have another ultra sound on my leg to check the blood clot then see the doctor.  Jon went with me and we got there about 2:45 and left at 5:20 !!!!  Jon said:  "I like to spend time with you, but ..."  I had the ultra sound, looked at Facebook, played a game on my phone, read an entire People magazine and then took a nap.  I was going to let the doctor know I didn't appreciate waiting 2 hours to see him, but the first words out of his mouth was an apology for the wait, so I couldn't say anything. 

The doctor said that everything looks really good.  I still have remnants of the blood clot in one vein and it may go away and it may not.  However, there is good blood flow in my veins.  That's always nice.

We left the hospital knowing it was not a good time to travel home, but I didn't expect it to take us an hour for a 20 minute drive!  That was so frustrating.  There are several ways to get home and I took many different roads because back ups were for miles.  Down town Utica on Auburn was closed which made it even worse.  I really am ready to just sit and do nothing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment