Thursday, June 12, 2014

Texting

Last night I wanted to finish the book I was reading, The Wedding Letters by Jason F. Wright, sequel to The Wednesday Letters.  (By the way, both books were really good!  I especially liked the first one, but the second was great, too!  Read them if you get a chance.) 

At 12:39 a.m. I get a Photo Stream notification from my sister, and I asked her why she was still awake:
Di:     Thought you might like the animals photo stream.  Why are you still awake?
Me:    Want to finish my book.  Sweet dreams.

At 1:25 a.m. I get a notification that she has played Letterpress and I text her:  "Go to sleep!" 
Di:     You, too!
Me:    I just finished the book and am in bed.
Di:     OK, me 2
Me:    I send her a picture of a sleeping face.
Di:     She sends me a picture of what I thought was a sheep at first, but it turns out to be a ram!

By this time I'm laughing so hard I was afraid I'd wake the kids so I didn't respond.  This morning:

Me:    You count rams?
Di:     Sure when I can't find the sheep. 

If you're not laughing, that's OK.  When I have this blog printed I'll have this conversation forever.  It'll remind me how much I appreciate texting and how close it makes me feel to Diane.  Especially when both of us should have been asleep! 

No comments:

Post a Comment