Thursday, June 26, 2014

"Oh, I Like This Feeling!"


Those were Jon's words as he was coming out of having been given propofol for his EGD and colonoscopy this morning.  Too funny.  He didn't even care he was in a pretty aqua gown.  I didn't mention last night that he was preparing for his test today because I didn't think he'd want anyone to know.  However, I asked him if I could use this picture on my blog and he said OK.  I'm not sure he remembers, though!  I've got to get this on quick before he comes downstairs.

That's how my day began.  Waiting for him to have his tests.  Brenda arrived at 7:45 a.m. because we needed to be at the surgery center at 9:00 a.m.  We were home by noon.

I spent the next couple of hours making phone calls to doctors offices for various appointments and bills then I took Jessie to the doctor at 3:00.  She just hasn't been right in the past couple of weeks.  Coughing, choking, clearing her throat.  It's really hard to tell if she's sick sometimes.  Never a fever and no other signs of anything.  Today's diagnosis:  severely swollen and abscessed right tonsil.  She had a shot in the butt - not her favorite thing to do and was given an antibiotic.  We were very close to being sent to the ER, except she doesn't act sick and doesn't have a temp.  Please pray with me that the antibiotics heal this abscess and the swelling goes down quickly, or we will be in the hospital.  Your prayers are appreciated.

Did I mention I'm tired? 

No comments:

Post a Comment