Saturday, June 7, 2014

Happy 24th Birthday, Jessie !!!


Yesterday was Jessie's birthday party day.  When Jess turned 21 I wanted to do something special for her, so I took her to the Hampton Inn for the night.  We got a suite and invited a few people for pizza, salad and cake, and Jane and Rachel joined us for the night.  That began a tradition. 

Today, June 7, Jess turned 24, so last night we went to the Hampton Inn (our 4th year in a row).  As soon as we get to any hotel, Jess picks her bed and gets out her letter tiles, iPad or DVD player and settles in. That's her favorite thing to do in a hotel. 

After we unloaded and got settled in, Debbie, Jess and I went to the pool.  We had it all to ourselves for about a half hour.  Then, wouldn't you know it, a mom and her 3 kids came in.  They were super loud and the mom was trying to get the toddler to swim and he was crying, which set Jessie off and she yells:  "BAD MOM!" That was it for her.  I took her back to the hotel room.

At 6:00, Louie's delivered pizza and antipasto salad, and we had chips, pop and cake.  Diane, Randie, Debbie, Brenda, Jane, Rachel, and Jon were there for dinner. We used the general eating area for our party.  They are very accommodating at the Hampton Inn. 

Jessie's choice for a cake this year was a Princess cake.  I was lazy and didn't go to Sam's club to get our usual cake but went to Meijer's instead.  I ordered the cake on Wednesday, and when Debbie and Jessie went to pick it up yesterday afternoon, the order had been lost.  I went to Meijer's and brought my receipt and they made one for me.  The one nice thing about it was that they cut the cost in half.

When we finished eating, we (except Jon) went to the room and Jessie opened her presents.  She LOVES to open presents, that's for sure.  Then she settled on the bed and the rest of us sat and visited for quite awhile.  It was fun for all of us. 

When everyone else left, Jane, Rachel, Jess and I played Apples 2 Apples until Jess and Rachel went to bed then Jane and I played Banana Grams. 

This morning we packed up and went down to breakfast, which is always good, then we went to the pool.  Unfortunately, Jess wouldn't even go in the door, as the same family was in the pool again.  I could see the emotions playing on her face.  I knew she really wanted to go in the pool, but she was afraid of the boys.  I felt sorry for her.  We came back to the room and she laid on the bed and watched uTube videos.


Check out wasn't until noon, which is very generous, and we finally left around 11:30.  From the looks of our luggage cart, you would have thought we were there for a week!

Jess and I went to the post office then home.  I unloaded everything then we got back in the van and went to the bank and McDonald's for an in-the-van picnic.  That's what she wanted, so birthday girl got it, which also included a hot fudge sundae that we ate first.

Jon went to the show this morning and after we all got back, Jon and I presented Jess with our presents.  I had put them in a very large Christmas bag, and when she looked inside she said very loud: "THANK YOU, JESUS!" Jon and I both laughed.  As if she hadn't gotten a lot  of presents last night!

By this time I was very tired so I sat on the couch to use my iPad, but slept for 3 hours instead.  Jon can't get over the fact that no matter how long of a nap I take in the afternoon, I never have trouble going to sleep at night.  I'm thankful.  My mom always said to me: "There must be something wrong with you!"  That was my mom for ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment