Wednesday, January 18, 2012

A Crappy Day Except For ...

A Few Earthly "Angels" Who Helped Me

Bill had a very bad day.  Very sick and in alot of back pain.  I gave him his "breakfast" at 9:00 and he didn't come back downstairs until 4:30 p.m.!  Poor guy, he was miserable.  It made me feel really bad.  I'm the type that likes to help and knowing that there isn't anything I can do to help him hurts me.  There's nothing I can do to change his situation.  That stinks.  I wanted to be with him all day, but I couldn't.

Shannon wasn't able to come to work, so Jess was all mine.  Which is great, but with her dad being so sick, it was a challenge to keep her quiet, occupied and happy.  I was a bit stressed when (Angel) Julie called to check up on me in the early afternoon.  She came and did a few things around the house then went to the store for me.  She also brought me a bouquet of flowers! 

My Stephen Minister (Angel) came and we had a good talk.  I needed to be reminded that the Holy Spirit is not a condeming God, He is a convicting God.  The devil just never quits, does he. 

Jon (Angel) was sent home early because of overstaffing, which has NEVER happened before.  He also helped around the house.  Just his presence helped me, too.

My far-away good friend, Doreen (Angel) texted me in the morning and told me she was praying for me and when I told her it was a "I need a hug day", she sent me several hugs and smooches through space.

Theresa (Angel) brought more frozen dinners from her family and teachers at Morgan Elem.  They have been indespensible.  Delicious, too.

Diane (Angel) called to see how Bill and everyone was doing.  I am thankful for a sister who calls often and helps when she can.  If I had told her that I needed a hug, she would have come.   

Thank you, God, for sending your angels to help me today.  I didn't have time to call anyone earlier for help (which I would have), and you sent them to me instead.  Thank you so very much for taking care of me.  And, thanks, for taking away Bill's pain.  He's much more comfortable tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment