Friday, January 27, 2012

I'm Glad I Was Reminded Yesterday

In yesterday's post I was reminded that I don't have control over, nor can I solve all/most problems.  This morning Shannon asked us to pray for her husband's job.  The company he works for may close shop and combine with another one of their plants in Ohio.  For us this would be a disaster.  Shannon has been with us for 3 years and I know she won't be here forever, but having to replace Shannon will be next to impossible.  How do you replace someone that your daughter loves and who's part of the family?  What can I do about this?  Absolutely nothing other than to pray. 

We were all glad when Jon woke feeling really good.  He's scheduled to work the next 5 out of 6 days, so going to work well is a plus.

Bill had an absolutely horrible day.  He was in a great deal of pain and the medicine that we are giving him didn't help.  I called Hospice and the doctor changed his orders and after several more dosages of pain medications, he woke at 5:00 p.m. without any pain. 

I received a prayer letter from missionary friends of mine that I met in Africa when I was a special short-term missionary another life-time ago.  I am going to quote a paragraph because it spoke to me and reminded me that I am fully equipped for each day:

"Brian began teaching a Sunday School class on II Peter this month, and we have been reminded that, as believers, God has filled our baskets with everything we need for life and godliness.  As we open our baskets each morning in 2012, we may find some things that are unexpected, but we have the precious promise that nothing we need will be missing."

Again, thank you, Jesus, for reminders.

No comments:

Post a Comment