Thursday, January 26, 2012

Jessie Laughed Tonight

Finally, just before Jess went to bed, I got her to laugh.  She was also calm enough to go to the grocery store earlier in the day, although it took them forever since she was wandering from item to item. 

Jon has the flu again.  Hopefully, since he feels a bit better tonight, it's only the 24-hour stomach flu.  With the pain medicine being given every 6 hours around the clock, Bill said he wasn't in so much pain as he has been.  That's a good thing. 

I'd like to share part of a devotional reading for today from "Jesus Calling", by Sarah Young:

Give up the illusion that you deserve a problem-free life.  Part of you is still hungering for the resolution of all difficulties.  This is a false hope!  As I told My disciples, "in the world you will have trouble".  Link your hope not to problem solving in this life but to the promise of an eternity of problem-free life in heaven.  Instead of seeking perfection in this fallen world, pour your energy
 into seeking Me: the Perfect One. 

I don't believe that I deserve a problem-free life.  No one does.  However, the thing I need to remember is that I can't solve all/most of my problems.  I need to daily seek the Perfect One and His presence and give my problems to Him to take care of.  He'll give me the wisdom I need, if I can do anything about a problem.  I'm glad for reminders.

No comments:

Post a Comment