Tuesday, January 31, 2012

I Need A Drink

If I were one to drink alcohol, tonight would be the night.  Just a few drinks, not too many.  I know that this doesn't sound nice, but it's the truth.  It's a good thing I'm allergic to alcohol.  And, I don't drink anyway.

My day began with Memphis bringing me my slipper and moaning and groaning like he was dying.  He's used to eating promptly at 8:00 and 4:00 and if that doesn't happen, oh, boy.  After I took care of him and helped Bill with his "breakfast" and medicine, Shannon called to say that she wasn't coming in.  Fast forward: she will not be able to come to work for at least a week, since she's on complete bed rest due to a medical situation. 

So started Jessie's melt down day.  Having Shannon miss a day here and there is OK, but not a week.  Now what?  God brought someone to mind who I've know for years who also cares for another friend's daughter.  We have the same fiscal intermediary, so she's already on payroll and she will be able to help us out.  Otherwise, with new state mandated rules and regulations, by the time I hired a new person and they went through all the training they are expected to have and I am to give, Shannon would have been back for weeks.  Thank you, God, for Sue.

Jon was home so I took Jess for her haircut appointment and I was also able to get mine done, too.  We had lunch at Wendy's in Romeo then came home.  By that time I had a splitting headache, so I sat down and slept for an hour with a rice pack on my eyes.  Then I had to take Mom S. to get her blood work done.  Returned home and fixed dinner then had a meeting with Sue at 7:00 to train her in Jessie's Plan. 

Tonight is the 31st of January so I've had to do payroll.  Been up and down stairs several times already because Jess wouldn't settle down and was keeping Jon awake.  He goes back to work tomorrow. 

Like I said, if I drank, I could use a drink.  However, instead, I'll just Thank God for all the blessings I had today instead:  (a) a new care giver for Jess  (b) I got my hair cut  (c) I had a nap and my headache went away  (d) I prepared a frozen dinner someone prepared for me earlier  (e) it was a beautiful day and a nice "warm" day to take Mom S. for her bloodwork  (f) no major pain for Bill today.  Thank you, Jesus, and Good Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment