Tuesday, September 18, 2012

A "Little" Hotel

We were to leave on a 2-day mini-mini vacation this morning, but it was apparent we weren't going anywhere at 5:30 a.m. since Jon had no voice and felt crummy.  We were going to go to African Lion Safari in Port Clinton, Ohio then spend the night in Dundee, MI and go to Cabella's tomorrow.  Jessie was so disappointed that we couldn't go spend the night in the hotel.  She always says "big" hotel, for whatever reason.  This morning when I told her we weren't able to go, she looked at me with her big, sad eyes and signed "little" and said "little hotel"?  Poor baby.  I told her we'd try again in a couple weeks.

We did eat breakfast at Tim Horton's like we were going to do on our trip.  From there we took Jon to the doctor (he has bronchitis) and Walgreen's to pick up medication. 

Hung out for a couple hours (I'm still considering myself on vacation) then Jess and I went to visit Aunt Etta, Mom Sutton's sister, who is 97 years old today!  We were only able to visit for a short while, as they have early dinner at 4:30 p.m.

Chis was working near Yale today so Jess and I drove up to Yale and we ate at CJ's Restaurant.  We shared a pizza and Jess had her special: chicken strips and fries.  By the way, Jess loss 1# this past week!  Me, well only 1/2 #, but at least it wasn't a gain.   

No comments:

Post a Comment