Friday, September 28, 2012

Jessie's Friday








Jess began her day with breakfast at the Garden with Debbie, Debbie's sister-in-law Tracey, and me.  From there she went to the Dollar Store then home to swing in her hammock swing.  When I got home after my running around, we went to the Gym.  While I exercised, Debbie and Jessie went in the pool.  I joined them when I finished.

For the past two Friday's there hasn't been anyone else in the kids pool and just a couple adults in the other pools.  I  told Jessie that there probably wouldn't be any kids.  Oh, well.  Today there were.  However, she managed to keep her composure and even enjoyed watching a baby in the water.

Debbie also got her to go in the small 3'6" pool that's at the bottom of the water slide that no one was on.  She enjoyed that.  They were in the pool for a couple hours!  As you can see from the second picture, she was pretty tired.  Did she take a nap?  Absolutely not.

I woke up today feeling pretty down.  Grief counselors always talk about the firsts that come along after someone passes away, and how they are hard.  Well, Monday is my birthday.  My 60th, actually.  It will be my first birthday without my Willie.  He'd be so excited for me that I was finally in the same decade as he was.  I've not been very successful today in getting out of the dumps.  If you think about it, please pray for me this weekend, and especially Monday.  Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment