Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Happy 99th Birthday, Grandma Sutton

Happy Birthday to you.
Happy Birthday to you.
Happy Birthday, dear Grandma.
Happy 99th Birthday to YOU!
 
Twelve months short of a century ago, Eleanor Hulda Singer was born.  She celebrated her birthday in her new home in Johannesburg with her daughter, Ruth, husband Bill and son, Billy.  I know she enjoyed that cake - I sure would!  (I stole this picture from FB!) The kids and I talked to her tonight and she sounded good.  She says she sleeps and crochets. 
 
Jon still isn't feeling well so he pretty much stayed home.  Jess and I went to Wendy's for lunch then to the New Balance store in Troy for a good pair of shoes for Jess.  Having a size 3 foot isn't easy buying a quality pair of shoes.  We also went to the Family Christian Stores across from Oakland Mall.  I like this store better than the one on Hall Road, but I don't go over there very often.
 
I miss Bill alot tonight for some reason.  I looked at a family picture of us tonight and it took my breath away - the loss was so powerful.  It's never done that before.  Also, Jessie was watching Utube videos where Dads come home from the war and surprise their kids.  She kept yelling, "Daddy Home!"  It didn't bother her but it bothered me.  I switched iPads and now she's looking at all my friend's pictures on FB.  She enjoys that.   
 


No comments:

Post a Comment