Friday, September 7, 2012

Getting Healthy

I had an hour consultation with a private trainer this morning at the gym.  I was under the impression that he didn't want me to use any machines because of my back and knee issues.  Wrong.  I start out on one (can't remember its name) then go to about 45 minutes of stretches, balancing and weights.  Then he asks me if I was planning on doing any cardio exercises.  I just looked at him like he was nuts.  My neck was throbbing and I was moist.  I already had my cardio, thank you.  Not.  On to the elliptical one for a half-hour. 

This is a prayer request.  I am committed to becoming healthy.  Losing weight and inches will be great.  Who doesn't want to look better?  However, I need to lower my sugar, strengthen my muscles, and be cardio healthy.  I also need to do what ever I can in order to live longer for my kids.  Please pray that in going to the gym that I will eventually like going and exercising.  This is so not me.  Did I mention that I have a once-a-week water aerobics class too?

No comments:

Post a Comment