Sunday, September 30, 2012

Happy Birthday Party Day

Remember a while ago I mentioned that I was planning someone's party?  Well, it was mine.  Twelve years ago when I was 48, I told my mom, Bill and Di, that I wanted a 50th birthday party.  They had 2 years to plan it.  Did I got one?  NO.  So, I decided that this year, since there is just Diane and I left, I'd give myself a 60th birthday party! (However, Diane did all the entertainment and music and has helped with the cost.)

YouIt was a 50's Diner Party with costumes encouraged, and only for GIRLFRIENDS!  I think about 95% of everyone dressed as they did in the 50's.  Since there were only girls, some had to come as greasers.  You'll have to watch my blog for more pictures.  I even had a photographer!

The food was catered and it was 50's diner food:  hamburgers, chili dogs, fries, coleslaw, fresh fruit and A&W Rootbeer or Vernors floats for dessert. 

I was so blessed to have so many friends be able to come and share in my special day - which is tomorrow, October 1.  There were 43 girlfriends in attendance.

Diane spent hours putting 50's music on her iPad and there were sing-a-longs and dancing to several  songs.  What could be more fun than spending time with girlfriends?  Nothing.  Thank you, Jesus, for the blessing of friendship.

1 comment:

  1. I would LOVE to have been with you!!! Happy Birthday dearest Nancy!

    ReplyDelete