Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Coordination

I had my third water aerobics class this morning and I feel so uncoordinated.  Granted I'm just new at this, but you'd think I could figure out how to get the right arm and the left leg going at the same time.  Then we had to use the tubes and weights and let them hold up our upper bodies while we "gracefully" raised our feet out of the water and held them there.  Not.  I was wobbling all over the place.  A ballerina I will not be.  It was a harder workout and I've been pretty tired all day.  I definitely needed a nap but didn't get one.

Debbie brought Jessie to the pool, too, just when I finished my class.  I left them "swimming" in the kiddy pool, chasing one another.  They both were laughing and having a good time.  My friend, Kathy R., took me out to lunch for my birthday and we had a nice visit.  I had Stephen Ministry tonight and Jon watched Jess.  When I got home, I asked how she was and he said, "Like in the book we read written by the Jackson Prison Night watchman, 'Nothing new to report!' "  I laughed and replied, "At least she didn't have to be chalked!"  (If an inmate caused trouble during the night, the night watchman would put a chalk mark over his cell door so the day guards would know that they couldn't let the prisoner out of his cell until he was punished.)

No comments:

Post a Comment