Tuesday, October 16, 2012

A P.S. From Yesterday Then Today's Blog

I forgot to mention a few things I had wanted to yesterday.  After the Salvation Army, we pulled out on VanDyke and Jess said, "Zoo"!  I didn't quite follow what she wanted until she said, "Fish!".  Ah, she wanted to go to the Pet Store at 23 Mile and VanDyke.  We had gone there on another Family Date Day this year, too!  So, we stopped and spent some thime in there.  She LOVED looking at the baby guinea pigs.  I thought the Lion Rabbits were hysterical, and Jon wants a fish tank!

Also, when we were driving somewhere during the day and I had to wait for traffic, Jess yelled from the back seat: "Come on, people!" 

The last item from yesterday was lunch time at Bellacino's.  Jess is tactile sensitive and can't stand to pick up her sandwich because some of it may fall out on her hands.  She usually wants us to pick it up and hand it to her.  Yesterday I didn't.  I just kept at her to pick it up - "You can do it!"  She kept staring at the food and not moving.  Again I encouraged her.  Then all of a sudden, still staring at the sandwich, she says, "Hang on!"  Both Jon and I cracked up.  She's NEVER said those two words together.  I do all the time.

******************

Jon worked.  We had our "Made To Crave" meeting again.  Jess was outside swinging for awhile, she ate lunch then took a long nap in the afternoon.  I went shopping for items for a friend, then to my doctor's appointment.  It seems like the days go so fast and I don't accomplish what I set out to do.  I guess what got done was good enough for today.  Tomorrow's another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment