Saturday, October 6, 2012

Girlfriend's Day Out Expo

Rachel came around 12:30 to be with Jess, and Julie and I met at the ConCorde Inn on Gratiot for a Girlfriend's Day Out Expo.  It was very nice.  Admission was $8.00, but if you came between 1 and 2 and brought a slightly used purse to donate, your admission was free.  We arrived at 1:30.  Also, lunch was free:  Mr. Pita turkey sandwich, chips, cookie and lemonade.  For us, the price was just right!

There were numerous vendors for everything under the sun - jewelry, candles, scarves, underware, fitness demos, finacial planning, a purse auction, prizes, extreme couponing, and how to organize your home were just a few.  I was very excited when I heard Julie's name being announced over the microphone - she won a drawing!  A $25.00 gift certificate for the Aspen Restaurant!  How nice was that?!

When we left she went and got her girls and dropped Lynzee off at my house and Kylee and Julie went to do their paper route.  Z  and I worked solid for 2 hours doing stuff that I've been wanting to do but have needed help.  I took Jessie and Z out to Bellacino's for pizza for dinner then took her home.  Jon had a pretty good day at work and his toe wasn't as painful as he thought it would be.  Thanks for praying!

No comments:

Post a Comment