Monday, October 1, 2012

Happy 60th Birthday, To Me!

The pictures here are from yesterday's party.  First there's Debbie and me.  Then my good friend, Chris, who I talk about all the time.  Then there's Diane, Elvis and Randie.  Final picture is Andy (Andrea), me, Lynn and Rox. 

Today I began my day with a phone call from my friend, Doreen, in NJ, then a call from Lois, who lives in Haiti.  I've had numerous other calls and FB greetings.  Yesterday my cousin, Terry, who lives in Alaska, called but I missed his call.  I also missed Sherry, my long-time friend from Georgia.

Diane, Randie, Jon and I went to Red Lobster to celebrate my special day.  We came back to the house and Brooke gave Diane all the pictures on a scan disc so we down loaded all the pictures and videos from my party.  I'll have a wonderful time watching and looking at them.

Before Diane and Randie left we ate Bill Knapp's Chocolate cake for dessert.  Do any of you remember Bill Knapp's?  We always went there on our birthday's to get a percentage off our meal and the free cake.  The cake was just as good as I remember it to be.  Jon bought it at Vince and Joe's, since there aren't any Bill Knapp's around anymore.

When they left I tried to make some kind of order to my house that looked a disaster.  I was so tired last night I just put away all the food and left the rest to today.  Only half of the house is straightened.  There's always tomorrow. 

Debbie took Jessie for Girls Day out and they went to Bellacino's.  A few days ago I blogged that we ordered only a quarter of a grinder instead of a half.  At that time Jess seemed OK with it.  Both yesterday and today she's said "Captain" (which means Bellacino's, as the owner's day is Captain Cutty), then "3".  I couldn't figure out what the 3 meant until we were just about ready to leave the house.  She wanted THREE chicken sandwiches, not the ONE measly one she had before!  So much for cutting down to a quarter.  (It was quite small.)

We're all calling it a day and going upstairs.  I had a wonderful birthday, thanks to family and many friends.  Thank you! 

I also wanted to mention that Jon got me a dozen YELLOW roses!!! I don't think I've ever had yellow roses before.  He is such a good son!



No comments:

Post a Comment