Saturday, March 2, 2013

A Very Busy Saturday

While Jon worked most of the day removing items from Jessie's bedroom and putting them back into his, Rachel came and helped me around the house.  I am so thankful for her help.  I NEVER would have gotten what we did on my own in one week!  We put away all the snowmen and decorated for Easter.  She also dusted and vacuumed and kept her eye on Jess.  I was a little put out, though, when I thought I had the Fall/Christmas/Snowman closet completed packed and I discovered a rubbermaid, 3 pillows and a very large snowman that I had forgotten to put away.  I had to unpack a bit before these items would go back in. 

Around noon we went to the post office, bank, Walgreen's, then to Dimitri's for lunch.  I am so tired of going to Subway or McDonald's because that's what Jess likes that I insisted we do something different.  She wasn't happy and yelled all the way there and a little in the restaurant.  I wouldn't let her have her favorite meal either: chicken strips and fries.  Instead she (happily) ate a grilled chicken gyro and we shared an order of fries. 

Jess has been very crabby lately.  She insists on her own way, which causes for a problem, because I don't give in.  I do pick my battles, though, but recently everything makes her scream and complain.  It's getting a bit wearing, to say the least.  I long for the peace and quiet I get when she's asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment