Friday, March 29, 2013

Good Friday

I have only attended one Good Friday service in my life, and it wasn't today.  It's just not something I usually do.  My Mom used to go, but not me.  This month I've been reading "Windows On Easter" by Bill Crowder.  It tells the story of Easter through the eyes of people that were there.  It is historically and spiritually correct, and I'm enjoying reading this deeper book on Good Friday.  At Christmas time I read, "Why The Nativity?" and that was very enlightening. 

Today was a whirlwind of activity.  I got Jess ready to go to breakfast with Debbie by 9:00 a.m.  I made myself breakfast but before I finished eating, Bob and Dorene arrived to finish my bedroom.  At 10:30 Frank and Judy came over and took some dirt.  At noon Julie arrived and treated me to lunch and then we shopped at Target and the Dollar Store.  Last minute Easter basket stuffers.  When I got home, Debbie was ready to leave when Diane and Randie came to visit.  They stayed for several hours and we enjoyed visiting.  When they left Jess and I ate dinner, I cleaned up the kitchen, I've checked my e-mail, Jess is asleep on the couch and I'm ready to go up stairs.  Jon just walked in the door.  He went out to dinner with two co-workers.  Unfortunately, his day was worse than yesterday.  But, he's got the next 3 days to recouperate.

No comments:

Post a Comment