Friday, March 1, 2013

The Big 3

I did not blog last night because by the time I got home and did payroll, it was almost midnight.  I was too tired to blog.  Sorry about that.

For a month I have been waiting for last night.  I organized a group of 11 of us to go to the Macomb Center for Performing Arts to see "The Big 3" ... Sandi Patty, Larnell and Dino, along with a 200 member Choir. 

We met at 5:30 p.m. for dinner at Big Boy's across from the MCPA and had a nice time visiting.  Then we went across the street to get our seats ... I had tickets in the 4th and 5th row, almost right in the middle.  The seats were great. 

The concert?  It began at 7:30 p.m. and with only a 15 minute break, ended at 10:30.  I can't describe to you how awesome it was.  Almost 3 solid hours of the best music you'd ever want to hear.  I was so spiritually "exhausted" by the time I got home, I could barely think.  What do I mean by that?  It was a very intense, yet wonderful time of worshipping and praising Jesus, with 3 of the best performers you'd want to hear. 

However, I did get a little weepy toward the end of the concert.  Chris and her husband Larry, and Bill and I went to see Larnelle and Dino MANY times - about 20 some years ago in Flint and Port Huron.  Bill LOVED Dino and last night when he began one of his famous, old songs, which was Bill's favorite, the tears came.

Later on, though, I got to thinking about it again and thought that even though Dino was one of his favorites and his music is awesome, what would it compare to what Bill and Larry are experiencing now?  I'm sure it can't even come close to what angelic music they are surrounded by as they praise Jesus in His presence. 


Today - Friday - my friend Chris J., picked me up and took me for my 3rd and final shot in my knee - Thank God!  It hurt ALOT.  It felt like he was blowing up my knee cap.  The helper did say that the 3rd shot was always the worse.  After I treated to lunch, I sat in my chair and iced my knee.  The shots have already helped.

Jess had a great day.  First it was breakfast out then they did a few errands and ended up at the gym and went swimming  in the pool.  After that a few more errands and home.  They left at 9 and returned at 4:00.  Jon worked.  I don't think he had as fun of a day as Jessie.

No comments:

Post a Comment