Tuesday, March 5, 2013

A Visit From My "Oldest" Friend

I met my friend, Lil, for lunch today at the Garden.  Her dad and mine were Detroit Police Officers at the same precinct and as our parents began their families, we "grew up together".  We've kept in contact over the years, but this was the first time we've actually seen one another in over 20 years !!!!!  How blessed I am to have such a great friend of so many years.  We had a nice, leisurly 2 hour lunch and almost caught up.  We've got another date on the calendar for the end of the month. 

The 4 rubbermaids are almost done.  They are packed and all I have to do tonight is zip tie them closed and put electrical tape around the edges so nothing can get in.  Being on an open ship in the middle of an ocean, you can image what might get into boxes without every opening sealed.  So, I'm going to close right now and finish the boxes so I can mail them after Water Aerobics in the morning. I'm going to give it a try.  My knee isn't as good as I'd like it to be but if it's too much, I'll just go sit in the hot tub.  Sounds nice to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment