Sunday, March 17, 2013

Happy Birthday, Randie and Diane!

Today we finally celebrated Randie's birthday (February) and Diane's (last week).  We planned on having separate parties because we need more parties in the family, but Randie got very sick with plurasy and bronchitis that seemed to last forever for her.  She's better, but not perfect.  So, we just had one party and combined both their birthdays.

Jon helped me make a great dinner:  bbq chicken, loaded mased potatoes, mixed vegetables and Red Lobster biscuits.  For dessert, I had purchased a tiny birthday cake because none of us need cake.  But then when Jon and I went to Sam's Club yesterday, he discovered 4 different gourmet large cupcakes for under $5.00.  Perfect.  We all could choose a different flavor.  Everyone was happy, and no one overate sweets.

It was nice having them here again.  It's been too long.  I enjoyed learning new things about my iPhone and iPad from my techie sister.  I said at one time that someone should have taken our picture - Diane, Randie and I sitting on the couch looking at our iPhones on various sites.  Too funny.  We weren't ignoring one another, just showing each other new things we had discovered.  It did look funny, though.  We are a bit old for these things, but if you have a young mind and willing to learn new things, why can't we have fun on our iPhones and iPads?  I choose to never get old in my mind.  My body may fall apart, but as long as I can, I will always try to learn new things.

Well, here's to the beginning of another week ...


No comments:

Post a Comment