Saturday, March 9, 2013

March 8, 2013 ... Happy Anniversary, Willie!

Yesterday, Friday, March 8, was the 1 year Anniversary of Bill's entrance into Heaven.  It is hard to believe that 1 year has passed since he left us.  It seems like it was yesterday, yet it also feels like he's been gone forever.

I want to THANK everyone who texted me, called, sent a card, and prayed for us as we remembered this special anniversary, for a very special man.  All these contacts mean a great deal to both Jon and I.  Jess has no concept of anniversaries/dates, and we didn't mention it to her.   

The days leading up to Friday were hard for both Jon and I.  I think this has been the case this entire year - days leading up to significant dates have been difficult, yet when the day finally arrives, we do well.  Why is that?  I believe it is because of   God's Grace and the many prayers we and others have prayed. 

Yesterday Jon and I celebrated Bill's life by having a date day.  We went out and had a light breakfast, then went shooting.  I was very pleased with my progress in shooting, as you can see from my targets.  I still need to work on my form a little.  Jon has the proper stance.  I need to work on mine.  It's been several months since we shot, and it is a good thing we both had target ammo, as they did not have any.  Neither does anyone else.  There was alot more people shooting today than there normally is when we go, too.

After shooting we went to Gardner White and I purchased a chair and a half and an ottoman for my bedroom sitting area.  I usually go to Art Van but missed the turn and went to GW first.  I'm pleased with the purchase. 

We had a nice lunch at Olive Garden (I had a gift card).  You would have thought that it was around a holiday or something - the place was packed!  From there we drove to Home Depot and bought paint for my bedroom.  The bank and post office were the final stops.  We got home around 4:00 p.m.

Jon and I went outside and put 3 pieces of white fencing back up that had fallen this winter.  He rested in his room and I did a little of this and that.  At 6:10 p.m. I left again ...

My Joyful Journey gals met last night.  We began our evening with church service at St. Kierans with the stations of the cross.  I've never heard of it before but it was very nice.  For something different, we went to Theresa's house for a late dinner, song and prayer time.  It was a very special night, as one of the ladies asked Jesus into her life.  What could be better than that?  Also we had some specific prayer for several other women who are struggling with various issues.  When I finally got home (1:00 a.m.!!!), I had to wind down before I could go to bed.  This is the reason I didn't post last night.

Today is Saturday, March 9 ... Jon is at work and it is just Jess and I.  I decided to stay home and not go out to the post office, bank or lunch.  I'll post more tonight with what really happens!  :-))






No comments:

Post a Comment