Sunday, March 24, 2013

Girl's Day Out On A Sunday

Since I went to church last night and Jon worked, Jess and I had Girl's Day Out one day early.  We went to breakfast at Dimitri's, which was unusually very busy.  (Palm Sunday) 

We were going to go to visit Diane and Randie but they were headed to an orchid show then to Randie's grandkids house to color eggs.  So, instead we went shopping.  We went to Family Christian Stores, Art Van, 2 more furniture stores, then had a snack at McDonald's. 

At various intersections on Schoenherr, there were volunteers from the Knights of Columbus with their Tootsie Roll campaign for "Helping People With Intellectual Disabilities".  I gave Jessie money, rolled down her window and she got so excited to get some candy!  We did this several times.  Sometimes it's the little things in life that create alot of joy.

When we returned home I was not in good shape so I took some pain medicine, heated up my rice packs and rested for 2 hours on the couch.  Jessie played with her Perler Beads, watched Veggie Tales and her iPad.  It was a very nice, relaxing afternoon.  I also enjoyed shopping with Jessie who did pretty good today.  

No comments:

Post a Comment