Saturday, March 30, 2013

Square Foot Gardening - Here We Come!

Jon spent almost the entire day outside moving dirt.  He removed the wood frames that Bill put in and all the dirt that was between them in the raised beds.  Tonight he can hardly speak, he's so tired.  In fact, he brought down his clothes to be washed and forgot to take out his wallet!  That's the bad news.  The good news is that it also went through the dryer and 99% of everything is as it was beside being nice and clean. 

Me?  Well, I believe I have ADCD ... Attention Deficit Cleaning Disorder.  I saw this on FB last night and identify with it almost 100%.  I proved it today.  I begin one job and before I could finish I saw something else I needed to do and I'm off to that.  I put down the swiffer and can't find it.  I turn on the iron to melt some of Jessie's creations, and remember that I was cleaning the house.  I go into the laundry room and put a load of clothes in and smell something - a hot iron.  Then back to ironing.  Jon needs me outside for a few minutes, I make sure Jessie is OK to leave for a bit, I help him, come in and can't remember what I was working on.  I guess I just wasn't meant to be a housekeeper. 

Jess has had a good day.  We put up her hammock and she ran out to swing, only to come back in after 15 minutes.  She's watched a few DVD's, looked at photo albums, worked on her perler beads, watched Barney on her iPad and has done alot of laughing.  That's always good to hear.  Sure beats screaming at me.  We did do our usual Saturday running around: post office, Walgreen's, McDonald's for a parking lot picnic and Meijer's for gas. 

I was a "bad" mom (or else getting smarter!) this past month, because I haven't told Jessie when Easter was.  Only this morning did I tell her that Easter is in the morning.  It saved me from listening to alot of constant repeating about the Easter Bunny and what she wants in her basket.  When I told her, the expression on her face was priceless:  she looked at me with such a shocked look, as if to say: "What? Really? Tomorrow? You're kidding, right?"  A look can say a hundred words. 

No comments:

Post a Comment